Thanksgiving Activities in San Francisco
15 Ways to Have a Very PopSugar Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you have a grand old time with family and friends this weekend. For those of you sticking around in town, there's plenty to do, eat, and see in San Francisco. From swanky staycations to seasonal cocktails, here are some of my favorite picks for the weekend. If all else fails, just pop Love Actually into your DVD player and get in the holiday spirit.
- Taste 10 pumpkin-filled treats, from pumpkin-seed salsa to pumpkin pancakes.
- Get in the spirit by relaxing at one of San Francisco's cozy bars with fireplaces.
- Lace up your skates and do a loop around a holiday skating rink.
- Make a last-minute reservation at one of these restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner!
- Dine on scrumptious, in-season squash dishes around town!
- Whip up a batch of cookies with a yummy cookie mix from an SF bakery.
- Treat yourself to a staycation at a hip local hotel.
- Knock back a few of these absolutely delicious nutmeg-dusted cocktails!
- Pick up a Thanksgiving pie from one of five local patisseries.
- Attempt the Whole Beasts' recipe for turkey cassoulet!
- Spend your morning or evening at one of these nontraditional Thanksgiving events.
- Visit the Westin St. Francis's 1,200 lb. holiday sugar castle.
- Shop all of the fabulous Black Friday sales! And treat yourself to something nice.
- Pencil a free cardio bootcamp session into your calendar to keep off the holiday weight.
- Stay warm and toasty this weekend with one of these six flaming dishes around town.