SF Restaurants and Bars With Free Food
5 Places to Eat For Free in San Francisco
Well trained in the art of drinking local wines and craft brews, San Franciscans simply can't help but throw back a few drinks when it's five o'clock on the Pacific Coast clock. So when your happy hour turns into happy hours, make sure you've got something in your stomach to keep you going. Stop by one of these five places to grab a bite for free while you're getting your drink on.
- Monday through Friday before 7 p.m. at Financial District favorite Palio D’asti (640 Sacramento St., 415-395-9800), pair every two of the after-work drinks you purchase with a complimentary wood-fired pizza of your choice.
- During happy hour at Schroeder’s (240 Front St. 415-421-4778), soak up that boot of German beer in your stomach with a free, hearty appetizer buffet, including garlic fries, meatballs, potato pancakes, and more.
- Sweeten up your weeknights with a happy hour at Hayes Valley’s Sugar Lounge (377 Hayes St., 415-255-7144): munch on a cornucopia of deep-fried delights, chicken teriyaki, vegetable tempura, quesadillas, and more for free while you guzzle down the already-cheap drinks.
- Give your weekend a kick-start with free oysters on the half shell from Tomales Bay while they last at 5:30 p.m. Fridays at the Mission's El Rio (3158 Mission St., 415-282-3325).
- Buy a drink at Russian Hill’s Amarena (2162 Larkin St., 415-447-0441) during its biweekly happy hour from 6-9 p.m. and get dinner on the house: a traditional Italian antipasti buffet features pasta dishes galore, fresh salads, and indulgent onion focaccia bread.