Consignment Stores in San Francisco
Pop 5: Best Consignment Stores in SF
There's no question that San Francisco is full of stylish ladies and gentlemen, but our fashion-forward folk are just as financially savvy as they are sartorially sharp. In turn, if you're looking to save on your designer apparel, there are plenty of consignment and resale shops in the city to help you pinch a few pennies, while your Louboutins are pinching your toes. Here are our favorite five.
- The window displays at Russian Hill consignment store Cris (2056 Polk St., 415-474-1191) are so gorgeously styled, you may walk past them several times before you realize you're gawking at second-hand goods. The shop retails a great selection of luxury designer labels such as Chanel, Prada, Balenciaga, and Lanvin, as well as more accessible department store labels such as Tibi, Tory Burch, Citizens for Humanity, and Marc by Marc Jacobs, generally reduced to about one-third of the original retail price.
- Founded by international style icon and philanthropist Joy Bianchi, known for her signature Iris-Apfel-like glasses, Helpers House of Couture (415-387-3031) is a charity-driven boutique that benefits the developmentally disabled. All items, including men's and women's apparel, accessories, jewelry, and couture, and in some cases brand-new items, are donated. While price tags can reach up to $10,000, there is a whole room devoted to items under $100, and prices begin at $10. Visits to the shop can be arranged by appointment only; you'll learn the address when you call.
- Cow Hollow consignment shop Simply Chic (3038 Fillmore St., 415-775-2888) specializes in designer clothing and accessories sold on consignment, as well as a selection of gently used, contemporary apparel brands such as DvF, Cynthia Steffe, Corey Lynn Calter, and more. The jewel box boutique also has a grand collection of handbags from luxury labels like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, and the like.
- Castro boutique SuiGENERIS illa (2265 Market St., 415-437-2265) retails new, vintage, and consignment apparel, jewelry, and accessories from luxe labels like Alexander McQueen, Christian Dior, Comme des Garcons, and Yves Saint Laurent. For the gentlemen in your life, there's also a brother shop, SuiGENERIS ille, at 2231 Market St., 415-437-2231.
- Seconds To Go (2252 Fillmore St., 415-563-7806) is a resale shop operated by the Schools of the Sacred Heart, which directly supports the financial aid program at Convent & Stuart Hall. The store retails apparel and accessories from national stores like Banana Republic and J.Crew, alongside upscale labels like Ferragamo, Sigerson Morrison, and DvF, as well as books and housewares.