Best Hair Salons For Haircuts in SF
Pop 5: Best Salons For Haircuts in SF
In our last Pop 5, we highlighted some of the city's finest cultural attractions: the best parks for picnicking in SF. This week, we move on to what keeps us metropolitans looking our best: hair salons! In San Francisco, there's no shortage of beauty services to choose from. So if you want a sleek new style for a bold change or a trim to keep your 'do looking sharp, where do you start? Here are our favorite hair salons in the city for cuts:
- DiPietro Todd (2239 Fillmore St., 415-674-4366) This San Francisco beauty destination is a full-service hair salon, with locations throughout the Bay Area, as well as an academy. Reader Kristyn, who frequents the Pacific Heights location, writes:
"I like that they have people who specialize in either cuts/styling/blowouts or color; in my experience most people tend to be spectacular at only one or the other. The stylists typically tell you which shampoo and styling products they are using on you, but they offer that info in a very 'FYI' manner, as opposed to pressuring you to buy. Oh yeah . . . and it's on that cute part of Fillmore so you can walk around, shop, and show off your new 'do once you walk out the door :-)"
- Alex Sandor's Art Studio (1650 Bush St., 415-702-7266) Some call him a savior; some call him a hair genius. Whatever the case, you'll be guaranteed a totally personalized haircut with veteran hair stylist Alex Sandor, who devotes the entire length of your appointment to you — no assistants here. Reader Lindsay writes, "Alex makes you feel right at home as soon as you walk into his studio. I have never had a stylist spend as much time consulting with me before and during the actual cut, explaining the pros and cons of various styles, and cutting my hair with such precision. The result was a 100 percent positive experience and probably the best haircut I've ever had!" For three more favorites, !
- Beauty Company (2325 Polk St., 415-567-8740) After expanding into a beautiful location on Polk Street last year, this top-notch Russian Hill salon now offers all manner of beauty services, including haircuts, color, blowouts, waxing, tanning, manicures and pedicures, and bridal beauty programs. I've personally had haircuts and blowouts from a number of stylists, for special occasions and routine maintenance, and would recommend the experience to all of my friends! The salon is stocked with more high-quality products than you can imagine for maintaining your look, and an online booking system makes appointment-making a cinch.
- Festoon Salon (9 Claude Ln., 415-421-3223) PopSugar City editorial director Nancy Einhart is a fierce fan of Union Square's Festoon Salon, which offers haircuts, color, and a range of styling treatments. She writes, "I get my hair cut at Festoon, and I love it: super hip stylists and a stylish environment but also very affordable."
- Mercer Street (3012 Fillmore St., 415-674-4444) It's no surprise Elle magazine named this salon one of the top 100 salons in the country: with nine highly trained "cutting artists" on staff, the Pacific Heights beauty destination has you covered whether you want an edgy new look or to maintain your current 'do. Got somewhere to be? Sit down for "downtown," the salon's deep-conditioning blowout that's runway-tested and model-approved!