Best Bikini Waxes San Francisco
Pop 5: Best Bikini Waxes in SF
Whether you're braving a bikini for July 4 weekend or just waxing on the regular, San Francisco has no shortage of bikini-line specialists. For this week's Pop 5, we're daring to bare the best bikini waxes in San Francisco. Not surprisingly, three of them can be found on the spa-friendly strip of Union Street in Cow Hollow, but we've discovered two downtown gems too. Whatever way you prefer to wax poetic, you won't be disappointed by these waxing wizards.
- Cocoon Urban Day Spa (330 First St., Fl. 2, 415-777-0100) Every waxing appointment at this cozy and convenient oasis comes with a glass of champy and a few spritzes of numbing spray. Says reader Michele: "They go as fast as you need them to, or, if you prefer, coddle the hell out of you. As for the finished look? Exactly as you hoped."
- Carrie Jossel Waxing at Union Retreat (1618 Union St., 415-516-3018) Carrie Jossel commutes from Sacramento twice a week to work her waxing magic, and I wouldn't be surprised if her devoted clients were willing to drive the same distance. Carrie runs her one-woman show from a cheerful studio in Union Retreat, and while it may lack frills like free wine, the soothing, good-smelling Epillyss wax, combined with Carrie's careful touch, makes for the least painful wax I've ever experienced.
- Bare by Tru (1810 Union St., 415-625-8400, pictured) Bare by Tru's high-end, unique interiors had me at hello with birch poles, a cozy velvet sectional, and a swing bench in the lobby and waxing rooms wallpapered with murals featuring dreamy, picturesque landscapes. But the waxing service is what will keep me coming back: the aromatherapy hard wax is gentle, effective, and a piece of cake, and the estheticians couldn't be more welcoming, calming, and attentive.
- Stript Wax Bar (1764 Union St., 415-771-6419) The name says it all: this local minichain was founded on the philosophy of doing one thing and doing it very, very well. Says Angelica: "The place is adorable, they prep you with wine, water, cookies, and numbing spray and the gals are nice."
- Jules Makeup & Skincare (660 Market St., Suite 212, 415-370-4293) Julie McCarthy's perky personality makes you feel instantly at ease in her intimate studio, and she's a total pro when it comes to the perfect lines and fast flourishes that are the hallmark of her waxing.
To see the last two, .