5 Good Date Restaurants in SOMA in San Francisco
Dating South of Market: 5 Spots For Intimate Dining
When it comes to dating, I feel that a nice dinner at a cozy restaurant is the perfect way to spend the evening getting to know one another. SOMA provides some unexpected options, so check out these five recommendations that are sure to get the sparks flying.
- With its white picket fence and romantic heated patio, Chez Spencer (82 14th St., 415-864-2191) is truly a hidden gem. The loft-like space fits right in with the neighborhood, and a wood-burning oven is the main focal point of the intimate eatery. Enjoy menu favorites like parmesan risotto, king trumpet mushrooms and shaved truffles ($25), and roasted rack of lamb with carrot vichy, haricot vert, and olive ($34).
- If you're all about sharing food in a flirtatious and playful way, Fondue Cowboy (1052 Folsom St., 415-431-5100) is the perfect spot. The menu is small but not lacking, offering up five innovative savory fondues (each $18), three sweet fondues ($16), salads, and a cured meat plate.
- Lighting really helps set the mood, and District (216 Townsend St., 415-896-2120) understands this. An oversize chandelier, tall ceilings, exposed brick walls, and wood beams create an easygoing atmosphere, great for tasting wine from different regions and small plates that complement each glass.
- Want a restaurant with massive sex appeal? Michael Mina's RN74 (301 Mission St., 415-543-7474) meets your requirements. The main dining room is beautifully lit and sophisticated with a casual feel, while the lounge gives off a sultry and vibrant mood. Enjoy the restaurant's full menu until 12 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Sushi is usually a safe and fun date destination, and Tsunami Mission Bay (301 King Street #B, 415-284-0111) is one of my all time favorites. Located right by the ballpark, the small and friendly sushi restaurant (with a full bar) combines upbeat music and limited seating to give diners a fun yet intimate experience.
Source: Chez Spencer